Camp Hobbs was used as our Boy Scout camp from 1950 until 1999. Between 2003 and 2005 it was re-purposed and improved to become our Cub Scout and family camp.
Camp Tukabatchee is our Boy Scout camp. It opened in the spring of 2000 and has seen over 8,000 summer camp campers since.
Both camps are available for use year-round. Contact the council service center for more information (334-262-2697).
Former council camps include:
Camp Atkins – Near Tuskegee, used in the 1950s to mid-1960s for African American Scouts
Camp Rotary – Used from the late 1920s to 1950 as our main camp. Most of our summer camp weeks occurred at Camp Rotary. When we left the property in 1950 it was sold to the Montgomery YMCA and is now operated as Camp Chandler.
Camp Talasi – Near Tallassee
Spring Villa – This was a federal park similar to a state park. The council leased the park for six weeks during the summer and additional weeks of summer camp occurred here. The park is currently operated by the city of Opelika.